California State University, Dominguez Hills is an ideal university campus for shooting feature films, television, commercials and still photography. Our campus features a wide variety of modern and time honored buildings from 1960 to 2010. Over 350 acres of buildings, sports facilities, open green spaces and parking make this site convenient for multiple shoot locations.
Our facilities include; The University Theater, lecture halls, art museum, retail dining, commercial kitchens, and (new) library as a few examples of a diverse mix of architecture.
For filming inquiries, please contact Eric Oum, Marketing & Production Coordinator, at email@example.com
Filming Rates, Fees, and Direct Costs
Premium Location Rental Rates
Premium locations include LaCorte Hall (Art Gallery & Recital Hall), Extended Education (Auditorium and Classrooms), Gym, Innovation & Instruction Kitchen, Innovation & Instruction Building, Library, North Lawn, Residence Hall, University Theatre, Toro Diamond (Softball Field), Torofield (Baseball), vacant land rental, and Social and Behavioral Science Garden. USE OF MULTIPLE LOCATIONS on same day will be assessed by filming committee on an inquiry by inquiry basis.
General Location Rental Rates
General locations include Classrooms (Large & Small), Claudia Hampton Hall, Combative Room, ERC Forum Deck, Lot 17, University Pool, Residence Apartments, Sculpture Garden, Tennis Courts, Weight Room, and Welch Hall. USE OF MULTIPLE LOCATIONS on same day will be assessed by filming committee on an inquiry to inquiry basis.
Filming Direct Costs
These are costs associated with services provided to production. They are, but not limited to:
- University Site Rep – $50.00 per hour.
- Department Liaison – Varies.
- University Police – $120.00.
- Parking Space – $15.00 per space.
- Facilities Fee – $200.00
Filming at CSUDH Notice
- All events require a Certificate of Liability Insurance with $2 million (or more) aggregate coverage, and a separate insured endorsement page naming California State University, Dominguez Hills and the University Corporation as “additional insureds”.
- Use of multiple locations on same day. Facility rates and fees will be assessed for use of each Major Location. Smaller locations, such as a classrooms, or an outside lawn area, may be bundled as one Major Location.
- Standard pricing applies to low impact events. Prices may be adjusted for Holidays and Events that significantly impact the CSUN campus.